An easy, nutritious and kid-friendly pasta pesto recipe made with super healthy broccoli! It’s nut free too!
Pasta Pesto is one of those meals that probably appears on the tables of most families at least once at week. Quick and easy to whip up on busy days, it’s always sure to go down a treat with kids and adults alike.
This pesto is delicious simply served with pasta but it also works great on pizza, in a sandwich or even topped on chicken and baked.
Like all green veg, broccoli is super nutritious. It’s high in Vitamins K and C and is also a good source of Vitamin A and also potassium and folate, making it a really important addition to a child’s diet.
- 250g broccoli
- 50g grated parmesan
- 150ml olive oil
- 3 large / 5 small basil leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the broccoli until it’s tender enough to stick a knife through the stalks.
- Add the broccoli to a food processor along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blitz until smooth.
- To make pesto pasta simply mix a few spoons of the pesto with cooked pasta.
- Alternatively the pesto can be stored in a jar in the fridge for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
This recipe is sourced from the My Fussy Eater website – Take a look at their website for many more delicious children’s recipes!