We understand how frustrating it can be to get the little ones to eat fruit and veggies, so we are always looking for new recipes to get them excited about nutritious foods. These tasty grilled wraps are a great way to get the kids involved in helping make dinner, which means they are more likely to eat the final result. These wraps are a great way to use up leftover roast chicken and make great snacks throughout the day!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/3 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 avocado, flesh diced
- 2 tablespoons of finely diced red onion
- 4 tortillas
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 30g baby spinach
- In a bowl, combine chicken, mayonnaise, shallots avocado and onion and season well.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat.
- Lay a tortilla on a board in front of you and sprinkle a quarter of the cheese across the middle. Top with a quarter of the spinach and a quarter of the chicken mixture. Roll tightly then place seam-side down on the grill plate.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly toasted. Turn and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Here at Bonny Babes, we provide children with opportunities to experience a healthy, balanced and nutritious menu through our provided daily meals by Kids Gourmet Food, and daily education program. We work with families to ensure we meet the nutritional needs of each child within the centre, so we encourage parents to keep up the good work at home.
Image and project sourced from:
Looking for high-quality child care for your little one? If you live around Coomera, Hope Island or Oxenford, you’ve found the right place.