Bonny Babes Child Care Centre is sharing this fun activity for you to try at home with your child just in time for Mother’s Day. We understand that keeping children entertained while they are at home can be a difficult task. This activity both entertains and educates. Painting allows children to express their feelings without the use of words and improve hand-eye coordination, which is an important skill at their age. This activity is suitable for toddlers and preschoolers, but infants can join with a little help.
What You Need:
- Use colour fast acrylic paint.
- Paint directly onto your child’s hand, one at a time, there is less paint wastage and mess.
- Make sure to put a piece of cardboard in the bag before painting it. If the paint is too thick, it will seep through.
- Dark colours on dark bags do not work so well.Silver and gold work very well on light and dark, green and red work very well on light coloured bags.
- Once the paint has dried, cover the bag in brown paper or baking paper, and iron over the top to heat seal the paint onto the fabric.
Bonny Babes is conscious of its responsibility to educate the children in our care to be aware and respect our environment, by encouraging recycling practices. The most popular gifts have always been recyclable, handmade, and one-of-a-kind like these handprint totes.
Project sourced from:
Looking for high-quality child care for your little one? If you live around Coomera, Hope Island or Oxenford, you’ve found the right place.